Aloe Vera Care
Here are 10 surprising facts about Aloe vera:
1. Aloe produces two substances, gel and latex. Aloe gel is the clear, jelly like substance found inside the leaves. Aloe latex is yellow and comes from under the plants skin.
2. Aloe gel can be consumed and may serve as a treatment for osteoarthritis, diabetes and treating the effects of radiation therapy. It can also be heated, along with water, and inhaled as a vapor for treatment of asthma.
3. Aloe gel is commonly used topically for psoriasis, sunburn, dry skin and frostbite.
4. Aloe latex has been used for many years in laxatives. This part of the aloe plant can be dangerous, even deadly, if consumed in large doses.
5. Aloe gel can be used as a makeup remover and can even replace your hair conditioner.
6. Cleopatra used aloe gel on her face and body as part of her beauty regimen.
7. There is some scientific evidence that aloe is able to kill bacteria as well as speed wound healing.
8. Aloe gel can also be used to treat minor burns.
9. Aloe gel can be used to prevent itching from bug bites.