Gorgeous Color Without Common Ingredients? #nailedit
Fact: Nails are porous and can absorb some chemicals.
Fact: Traditional nail products are often full of ingredients that are drying and damaging.
FACT: At ODIVA, They provide healthy alternatives to traditional nail products.
ODIVA nail lacquers are Vegan, and Free of Parabens and Gluten
Typical nail polish contains chemicals that are damaging to nails like:
Formaldehyde has been classified as a human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is also considered a possible irritant to the eyes, nose and throat, and may lead to skin irritation and an allergic rash called dermatitis. It is also used as a tissue fixative and an embalming agent!
* The EPA restricts TOLUENE in drinking water because it affects the central nervous system, can cause birth defects in an unborn baby and can cause headaches, dizziness and fatigue, as well as damage to the liver and kidneys.
* DBP (dibutyl phthalate) is prohibited for use in cosmetics in the European Union because it is a possible human reproductive or developmental toxin. The data from several peer-reviewed scientific studies indicated that DBP may be an endocrine disruptor, which means that it disrupts the natural balance of hormones in the body.
- Formaldehyde resin:Although formaldehyde resin hasn’t been linked to cancer like regular formaldehyde, it’s a skin allergen known to cause dermatitis. It can also off-gas formaldehyde and may contain residual levels of formaldehyde.
Camphor can cause irritation to eyes, skin, and nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and dizziness.
Parabens: Parabens prevent growth of fungus, yeast, molds and bacteria in cosmetics. They appear in deodorants, antiperspirants and any cosmetic with significant water such as shampoos, conditioners, lotions, facial washes / scrubs and body washes. They are estrogen agonists (meaning they mimic estrogen hormone in the body),and can bind to the cellular estrogen receptor. Estrogen is a hormone that gives information to the cells in our bodies. The cells use this information in development and cellular behavior. If the message is disrupted by the paraben mimicker, the cell may develop improperly or behave in a way the cell should not behave. Breast cancer tumors have been found to have high levels of certain forms of parabens – particularly in the underarm area of the breast. There is no proven link between parabens and breast cancer, but it is certainly concerning.
Triphenol phosphate (TPHP): TPHP is a plasticizer and flame retardant. It was given low priority for testing after approval in 1910 because it caused minimal skin irritation and mild irritation to the eyes. It has been used in nail polish to make the product less flammable and improve adherence of the polish to the nail. TPHP is an endocrine disruptor, which means it can disrupt the messaging to your cells, telling them to change or to behave in ways that the body would not normally signal them to behave. It was found to absorb through the nails in statistically significant amounts (reference study here).
Sulfates: Sulfates are surfactants that, when added to cleansing agents, improve their cleaning ability. The major concern with sulfates is that they cause irritation of the skin, which is why they are being removed from many cosmetics, beauty products and cleansing products.
ODIVA Nail Cosmetics products are free of these chemicals. It is an 8-free system.
Feel Beautiful. Stay Healthy. #loveODIVA
PRIME Base Coat with Garlic Strengtheners
A Word About Toxins in Nail Products
Because we’re committed to providing the healthiest product possible – while not compromising beauty and function – we are often asked if our products are toxin-free.
- It’s not possible to make nail polish without chemicals. There is no such thing as chemical-free nail polish. Period. One ingredient that is often in question is Benzophenone.ODIVA Nail Cosmetics products do NOT contain Benzophenone. ODIVA Nail Cosmetics products do contain Benzophenone-1 (which is completely different from Benzophenone). Additionally, per the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) Expert Panel: “The CIR Expert Panel evaluated the scientific data and concluded that Benzophenone-1, -3, -4, -5, -9 and -11 were safe for use in cosmetics and personal care products. In 2002, the CIR Expert Panel considered available new data on these Benzophenone ingredients and reaffirmed the above conclusion.” Our products do not contain the eight toxic ingredients listed above.
- We have never – and will never – claim to be chemical-free. In addition to being compliant with every beauty industry federal regulation, we have also taken stringent measures to ensure our products’ chemical construction is over-and-above federal regulation requirements (hence our 8-freeclassification). This means we have set a standard for ODIVA that offers you a healthier alternative to traditional nail lacquers, while still providing beauty and function.
We are so grateful to you for your trust and support as we soldier on in our effort to provide you with healthier products that are still beautiful and functional.
It’s what’s inside that counts.
Inspired by luminous pearls, raw gems, semi-precious stones, glimmering silvers and
radiant gold all drawn from the earth. The exclusive ODIVA Nail Lacquer is infused with
rare and precious elements.
All pigments are saturated, pure and finely milled for luminous metallics, never before
seen shimmers, decadent crèmes, stunning sheers and more glistening glitters.
The payoff—smooth, even, long-lasting color with a gorgeous professional finish.
In our commitment to the professional and as a worldwide leader in the nail industry we
recognize the importance of a globally compliant nail lacquer that is free of
Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP.
Water to workout, day in and day out, nothing will dull these nails. The gloss is
protected with the Ultimate Shield Complex, exclusive to ODIVA, designed to help
polish withstand the wear and tear of everyday living for non-stop shine. Outshine ‘em
all* with our 23 shades!
*When used with the ODIVA Bring Back The Shine